This fresh crunchy salad is a perfect side dish for grilled meat, poultry or fish and also pairs well with a sandwich for lunch. Simple to prepare, it keeps well in the refrigerator for a couple of days.
Prep Time: 10 Min. Recipe Yield: 8 ½ cup servings
- 3 Ontario Greenhouse Peppers, Red, Yellow and Orange
- ½ medium red onion (125 g) cut in very thin strips
- ½ cup (120 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) local Ontario honey
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) low sodium soy sauce
- ½ tsp. (2.5 mL) minced fresh ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) fresh cilantro
- Slice peppers and onions into julienned strips.
- Combine vinegar, honey, soy sauce, ginger and pepper. Pour over pepper and onion strips and combine.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to develop flavour.
- Before serving toss in chopped cilantro.