Cucumber & Dill
Serve with crackers, pita wedges or fresh veggies (cucumber rounds, pepper strips, grape or cherry tomatoes). This is an interesting change from plain hummus.
Prep Time: ½ Hour Cooking Time: None Recipe Yield: 2 Cups (480 mL)
- ½ large Greenhouse English cucumber
- 1 540 mL can chick peas (rinsed well and drained)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) fresh chopped dill
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp (3 mL) each salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) tahini paste
- Shred the cucumber and squeeze dry in a tea towel or press through a sieve to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor or high powered blender until smooth for 1 minute. Scrape down sides and blend again until as smooth as you would like.
- Cover and store refrigerated; best used within two days.