This zesty treat goes great as a side dish with grilled meats or with a sandwich.
Recipe Type: Salad Recipe Yield: 8 Servings
- 3 large Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumbers
- 1/3 cup (90 mL) finely diced Ontario Greenhouse Red Peppers
- 1/3 cup (90 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) mild vinegar (red or white wine, white balsamic or apple cider)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon zest (1 large lemon)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (3 mL) pepper
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) fresh mint cut in thin strips
- Prepare the cucumbers by cutting into long thin noodle like strips. Combine with diced red pepper.
- Combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, zest, salt and pepper. Pour over cucumber noodle mixture and toss gently to combine. Add the mint strips and toss.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to develop flavour.
- Garnish with more mint before serving.
- Keeps for 2 days in the refrigerator but is best served the day prepared.