Serves 6 as a side dish with grilled salmon or chicken. Also great as part of a lunch plate with other salads.
Recipe Type: Appetizer Recipe Yield: 6 Servings Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 5 Minutes
- 1 Ontario greenhouse seedless cucumber (approx. 12" long)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) rice vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sesame oil
- ½ tsp (3 ml) white sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- Black sesame seeds for garnish
- Trim the ends off the cucumber. Cut the cucumber in half through the centre. Using a vegetable peeler, very sharp knife or mandolin, slice the cucumber lengthwise into thin ribbons. Place in medium bowl.
- Combine vinegar, sesame oil, sugar and sea salt. Stir well to dissolve sugar.
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the cucumber ribbons and toss gently.
- Place in serving bowl and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Makes 6 servings