This refreshing smoothie is great to boost your health: coconut water and cucumber are great for hydration, for flushing toxins and they both contain lots of vitamins; pineapple and lemon boost the immune system; pineapple, parsley and lemon are anti-inflammatory and lemon also supports the gastrointestinal system. The smoothie is not only healthy but it tastes great, not too sweet and not too tart, the perfect balance.
- 2 cups (480 mL) Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumber,
- ½ cup (120 mL) coconut water
- ½ medium lemon, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (240 mL) frozen chopped fresh pineapple (prepare ahead of time and freeze for a few hours or overnight)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid raw unprocessed honey or Agave syrup
- ½ cup (120 mL) ice cubes, if not using frozen pineapple
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blitz on high 1 minute, until smooth and creamy. Makes 6x ½ cup (120 mL) servings or 3 x 1 cup servings (240 mL) or 2 x 1 ½ cup servings (360 mL).