Serves 6 as a side dish - traditionally served with pork or chicken satays. Also great with grilled cheese or on any kind of burger
Recipe Type: Appetizer Recipe Yield: 6 Servings Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- ½ cup (120 ml) white vinegar
- ½ cup (120 mL) cold water
- ½ cup (120 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) sea salt
- 1 Ontario greenhouse seedless cucumbers, cut into thin slices
- ¼ cup (120 mL) finely diced red onion
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely diced fresh jalapeño pepper
- For the dressing, combine the vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a small pan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the pickle ingredients.
- When the dressing has cooled, pour it over the pickle ingredients and toss gently. Set aside in the fridge for a minimum of half an hour to develop the flavour.
- Makes 6 generous servings