Who enjoys a fresh Greek Salad? EVERYONE! Planning a party this recipe will be a hit. Enjoy the crisp Ontario Tomatoes, Peppers and Cucumbers in every bite
Recipe Type: Salad Recipe Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 25 Minutes Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
- 6 tbsp. (90 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 g) fresh oregano, minced
- 1/4 tsp. (2 g) dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tsp. (23 ml) lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp. (3 g) salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 g) red onion, sliced
- 1 Ontario greenhouse seedless cucumber, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, torn into bite size pieces
- 2 cups (500 g) Ontario greenhouse cocktail tomatoes, halved
- 1 Ontario greenhouse red pepper, roasted, peeled seeded and cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1/4 cup (63 ml) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (63 g) fresh mint, minced
- 3/4 cup (189 g) kalamata olives, pitted
- 5 oz. (142 g) feta cheese, crumbled
- Whisk the first 8 ingredients together in a bowl large enough to hold the entire salad.
- Add the onion and cucumber, then marinate for 20 minutes.
- Add the romaine lettuce hearts, peppers and tomatoes and mint to the bowl and toss.
- Arrange the salad on a platter or divide evenly on serving plates.
- Sprinkle with Kalamata olives and feta cheese.