Grilled Pepper &
This is a tasty hors d'oeuvre to serve with cocktails or a yummy after school snack for kids (and their parents)!
- 16 mini coloured peppers, halved, seeds and membranes removed
- 1 tsp (5 mL) olive oil
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 oz (227 g) Herb and Garlic cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (120 mL) good quality creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) chopped fresh herbs: dill, parsley, chives or basil or your favourite mixture
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- Preheat broiler.
- Meanwhile place pepper halves, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Toss evenly to coat. Set aside.
- Whisk together the filling ingredients until well combined.
- Transfer the filling to a pastry bag or small Ziploc bag and set aside in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Broil peppers, until slightly charred, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer to a small platter and let cool slightly.
- Snip the tip of the pastry/Ziploc bag and carefully fill each pepper half with the cream cheese mixture.
Chef's Tip: If you are in a hurry, you can just use a savoury flavoured cream cheese of your choice without the added flavourings.