Mac & Cheese Stuffed
This is very simple and quick to make. Great as an after school snack for kids but also wonderful party food!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 20 Minutes Recipe Yield: 12 pepper halves
- 6 mini Ontario Greenhouse peppers
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) prepared macaroni and cheese
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional garnishes: parsley, green onion, diced tomato
- Wash the peppers, cut in half; remove seeds and ribs. Trim a very thin piece off the bottom of the peppers to allow them to sit upright in the baking pan (be careful not to make a hole as the filling will ooze out).
- Fill the centre of each pepper half with approximately 1 tbsp (15 mL) prepared macaroni and cheese. Top each half with 1 tsp (5 ml) shredded cheese
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven until the pepper is softened and the macaroni and cheese is bubbling.
- Remove from oven, cool slightly; garnish if desired with one or all of the optional garnishes.
For more adult taste fill the pepper halves with decadent pasta with bolder cheeses in the sauce.