Mediterranean Salad serves great with grilled chicken breast or rotisserie chicken, pork souvlaki, steak, salmon fillet or Italian sausage; vegetarian option - combine salad with chick peas or serve over cooked quinoa or brown rice; can be used in a wrap with hummus or other dip.
- ¼ cup (60 mL) red wine vinegar
- ½ cup (120 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp (3 mL) dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) minced garlic
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (1 mL) black pepper
- 1 Ontario greenhouse red pepper
- 1 Ontario greenhouse yellow pepper
- 1 Ontario greenhouse orange pepper
- 1 Ontario greenhouse seedless cucumber
- 1 cup (240 mL) Ontario greenhouse grape tomatoes
- ½ medium red onion
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh chopped herbs - chives, dill, Italian parsley, mint or basil or a combination of your favourites.
- 1 cup (240 mL) feta cheese, crumbled
- ⅓ cup (80 mL) sliced pitted Kalamata olives
- Whisk together vinegar, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. Set aside in a small container.
- Chop all of the vegetables into small pieces then place in bowl and set aside.
- Combine chopped vegetables with dressing and chopped fresh herbs.
- Toss in feta cheese and olives.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for at least half an hour to develop flavour.