For a special sandwich, serve as a topping inside your favourite grilled cheese sandwich, or in a BLT instead of raw tomato slices - very yummy!
- 4 large Beefsteak tomatoes, cored and each cut into 3-4 slices
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 ½ oz (43 g) Asiago cheese, finely shredded
- 1 oz (28.4 g) Parmesan cheese, finely shredded – not the powdered variety in a can
- 1 ½ tsp (8 mL) Italian seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (232 C).
- Place sliced tomatoes on a paper-lined or lightly greased baking sheet.
- Combine olive oil with garlic. Brush mixture evenly over tomatoes, then season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss the two cheeses together and combine with the Italian seasoning.
- Sprinkle cheese mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until cheese is golden and tomatoes are tender.
- Serve warm.
Chef's Tip: For a special sandwich, serve as a topping inside your favourite grilled cheese sandwich, or in a BLT instead of raw tomato slices - very yummy!