An excellent way to use our Tri-Coloured Roasted Pepper Salad
Prep Time: ½ hour Cooking Time: 5 minutes Recipe Yield: Makes 4 servings, 1 sandwich each
- 8 slices bread (French, Italian or Light Rye)
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) basil pesto
- 5 oz (142 g) shredded three cheese pizza blend
- 2 cups (480 mL) Tri-Colour Roasted Pepper Salad (recipe attached)
Assemble sandwiches by layering as follows:
- Spread 1 tsp (5mL) pesto on each side of the bread
- Top the bottom slice of each sandwich with half the cheese, then layer the pepper salad (minus any excess dressing) on top by colour block – yellow, orange and red separate; top with remaining cheese. Place the other slice of bread on top of sandwich onto the cheese.
- Grill on a sprayed Panini press or ridged grill pan over medium heat until brown on both sides and cheese has melted, peppers are warm.
- Cut each sandwich in half and serve immediately.