Bell Pepper Soup
The Roasted Yellow Pepper give a hint of smoked flavour to this timeless soup. This soup has great texture and flavour everyone will be pleased with the taste.
Recipe Type: Soup Recipe Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 15 Minutes Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 4 large Ontario greenhouse yellow bell peppers, roasted, peeled and seeded*
- 1 tbsp. (15 g) butter
- 1 white onion, diced
- ¼ cup (63 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups (500 ml) chicken stock
- 1 large carrot, sliced
- 1 small jalapeño
- ¼ tsp. (3 g) saffron threads
- 1 cup (250 ml) half and half cream
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat, then add garlic and onions.
- Sauté for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the stock, carrot, roasted yellow bell peppers and jalapeño pepper. Crumble in saffron.
- Bring stock to a boil and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Purée in food processor until mixture is smooth. Strain, add cream and season to taste.
- Serve immediately with sprigs of cilantro.