Pair the succulent taste of sirloin beef with the crisp, fresh flavour of greenhouse vegetables in this satisfying salad. Enjoy this as a side dish or main course any day of the week!
Recipe Type: Salad Recipe Yield: 6 Servings Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed in cool water
- 1 head of leaf lettuce, washed in cool water
- 7 tbsp. (105 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 1/3 tbsp. (40 ml) balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. (30 g) blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 hard boiled eggs, finely chopped
- 2 slices of crisp cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 Ontario greenhouse red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 6 oz. (170 g) sirloin tip, grilled and sliced
- 4 tbsp. (60 g) fresh chives cut into even pieces
- ¼ tsp. (2 g) fresh ground pepper
- Mix olive oil and vinegar (3 parts olive oil, 1 part vinegar), add cream and crumbled blue cheese, and whisk until smooth.
- Add fresh ground pepper and stir in half of the hard boiled egg, bacon and chive pieces.
- Arrange the lettuce in a salad bowl, pour the dressing and toss well.
- Garnish with remaining chopped egg, bacon, red pepper and chives.
- Top with sliced sirloin beef.