A tasty Asian-inspired salad with soba noodles.
Prep Time: 15 Min. Cooking Time: None Recipe Yield: 6 Servings per ? recipe
Rice Wine Vinaigrette Ingredients:
- ¼ cup (60 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) chili paste
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) tahini paste
- ¼ cup (60 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) soy sauce
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. (10 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 12 oz (350 g) soba noodles
- 3 cups (750 mL) cooked, shredded rotisserie chicken
- 2 Ontario Greenhouse Bell Peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumbers
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) chopped Ontario Greenhouse Tomatoes on the Vine
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- lime wedges
- hot sauce (optional)
Rice Wine Vinaigrette Instructions:
- Whisk together rice wine vinegar, chili paste and tahini paste until blended; whisk in oil, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook soba noodles according to package directions; drain and toss with vinaigrette.
- Stir in chicken, peppers and green onions.
- Divide among 6 bowls; top evenly with cucumbers, tomatoes and avocados.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges, and hot sauce (if using).