This miso cucumber salad comes together quickly and is perfect for potlucks! Cucumbers tossed with a miso dressing that's slightly nutty and a tad spicy.
Ginger-Miso Dressing Ingredients
- 3 tbsp. (45 mL) miso paste
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) honey
- 2 tbsp. (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 tbsp. (15 mL) sesame oil
- 1 large carrot
- 2 large Ontario Greenhouse Seedless Cucumbers
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) salt
- 1 ½ cups (375 mL) cups shelled edamame
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced and divided
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) toasted sesame seeds
Ginger-Miso Dressing Instructions
- Whisk together miso, ginger, vinegar, soy sauce and honey until smooth; slowly whisk in canola and sesame oil until blended.
- Using a spiralizer, turn carrot into long strands, trimming with clean kitchen shears, if needed. Repeat with cucumber. Toss cucumber with salt; let stand for 10 minutes. Place cucumber on clean tea towel; roll up and twist to release excess moisture.
- Toss cucumbers, carrot, edamame and half of the green onions with dressing. Before serving, garnish with remaining green onions and sesame seeds.
Add 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh chopped herbs, such as cilantro or mint, to the salad if desired. A spiralizer is also known as a spiral slicer or vegetable turning slicer. They’re available at kitchenware or department stores, or can be ordered online.