Tomato, Corn &
This simple recipe makes for a hearty meal that is quick to please when the weather starts to get chilly.
Recipe Type: Soup Recipe Yield: 4 Servings Prep Time: 10 Minutes Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 cup (250 g) onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. (30 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lbs. (908 g) Ontario greenhouse tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (250 ml) water or chicken stock
- 3 cups (750 g) fresh corn kernels
- 1 cup (250 g) fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in olive oil in a saucepan over medium/high heat until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and sauté for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Pour in the tomatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until they give up their juices.
- Cover and continue to cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the water or chicken stock and corn to the mixture and cook until the corn is soft and the kernels lose their raw taste.
- Season with salt and pepper and add in the fresh basil.
- Mix well. Remove from heat and serve.